High Quality Curtains At Affordable Prices
Eclipse Window Furnishings specialises with the installation of high-quality curtains in Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula.
We’ll Beat Any Comparable Quote By 10%
Eclipse has over 30 years of experience and invaluable product knowledge to assist you in selecting the perfect curtains for your home.
The great thing about curtains is that you’re not just investing in something stylish and beautiful for your home but you are adding insulation to reduce the cold and heat as well as providing a sound barrier. Drawing curtains during the summer will reduce heat entering by a considerable amount.
The curtain style you select is essential, as they need to be compatible with the style of your home as well as be functional. Bedrooms will require a block-out lined curtain for darkness, insulation & privacy. A sheer layer is also useful which allows light to enter during the day while still providing privacy. Bedroom curtains can be finished with a pelmet to further reduce light. Living areas may only require sheer curtains if privacy and insulation is not an issue.
By combining sheer or lined fabrics with the right heading style, curtains will create a mood that reflects anything from chic minimalism through to rich opulence. Flowing sheer curtains from a bulkhead or simple pelmet create an illusion of light and space while providing the necessary privacy required.
Eclipse can assist you with the style of curtain whether it has a pencil pleat, gathered pleat, French pleat, pinch pleat heading or S-fold.
- Curtains are a style statement & an essential part of home decoration.
- Curtains can provide greater insulation than a blind. While using a block-out curtain fabric or a curtain with a separate block-out lining, the temperature of the room will be stabilized which will keep the heat in and the cold out during winter and heat out and cold in during summer
- Curtains also play a significant role for your comfort & privacy
- Curtains are a must for creating a comforting & cozy atmosphere in a classically styled décor.
- Curtains are excellent in both traditional and contemporary homes. An S-fold or wave fold curtain works beautifully in a contemporary home while soft flowing curtains with ornate swags and tails & fabric pelmets work well in a traditional style home.
- Curtains are available in so many different styles (pinch pleat, gathered heading, pencil pleat, knife pleat and more to match your interior style.
- Curtains also have a role in controlling the light that may enter the room.
- Dual track systems can allow a sheer fabric to hang either in front or behind a block-out fabric.
Eclipse has a wide range of curtain fabrics to show you. You can select from a stunning range of sheer and block-out fabrics. Plain, textured, geometric, patterned, spotty, stripes, floral designs, traditional toile patterns,
Fabrics by Marco, Rowe, Wilson, Villa Nova, Prestigious Textiles, Mokum, Warwick, Sanderson, Romo, Designers Guild, Zepel, Crowson and so many more. Eclipse has over 30 years of experience and invaluable product knowledge
When selecting fabric for curtains, it is important to choose fabrics that will best suit your home. The ideal fabric should not only suit your personal design style, but must also be functional. You must consider your requirements for light control, vision, privacy and protection when selecting fabrics for your curtains.
Curtain tracks are an unobtrusive and elegant way to hang curtains. If you wanted a layered look that can include a sheer, lining and block-out fabric curtain, a dual or triple track can be installed. The curtains can be motorized or operated by using a traditional cord pulley or hand traverse with a wand.
Curtain cords can present a strangulation hazard to children, as they may become entangled in them while trying to use, or play around window coverings. Even with raised coverings, children can climb onto windowsills or furniture and access the cords. Cords can also strangle infants sleeping or playing in cots placed near windows where cords are within reach or hanging into cots.
Accidental strangulation can happen very quickly, so never leave children alone in these rooms, even for a short while.
- Ensure that any loose or looped cords are secure – do not leave them hanging down.
- If possible, remove looped cords by cutting the cord and installing tassels.
- Always fix tie-downs and tension devices firmly to the wall or window-frame to prevent a child from remove them.
- Select curtains with safe design features and warning labels
- Do not put children’s cots, beds, highchairs or playpens near a window where children can reach curtain cords.